Central Tech Training Facility a Model for Other States
Central Technology Center opened Oklahoma’s first oil and gas pipeline and storage training facility in 2011 to meet the training needs of the industry.
The oil and gas industry has a growing need of well-trained and highly skilled workers.
Central Tech’s programs help fill that need in several ways:
- Provide employees with OQ certifications necessary to work in the oil and gas industry.
- Provide students with a career pathway to benefit their future.
- Aid companies in expanding their workforce.
- Assist small companies in obtaining certifications.
- Provide security and safety training to maintain Oklahoma’s safe work environments.
The training facilities include a fully simulated oil and gas storage facility with control center monitoring; pipeline maintenance equipment; CAT backhoe and excavator simulators; and computer systems.