How did you learn the skills you have now?
Are the skills you know still relevant today? Will they remain relevant in the future?
In this episode, CareerTech Horizon examines the growing partnerships between industry and education. They dive into what businesses are doing to keep instructors on the same page, and how these instructors use that knowledge to cultivate the workforce they’ll be hiring from.
- American Airlines donates one of its passenger jets to CareerTech, so students in their aviation programs can work hands-on with real aircraft.
- A summer camp for teachers brings educators behind the scenes at businesses their students may one day work for.
- “Futuring Panels” facilitate conversation on where the industry is heading, and how educators can keep up.
You can follow CareerTech Horizon on Twitter @CT_Horizon, or find them on Facebook.
You can also visit their website, cthorizon.org for show notes, discussion, and bonus content, “Beyond Your Horizon.”
What is your greatest accomplishment? Did you do it alone, or did you get help from your friends, family, or people in your community?
In this episode of CareerTech Horizon, we take a deep dive into Adult Basic Education, and share the stories of Oklahomans who turned their lives around, thanks to the right people helping, supporting, and advocating for them.
- A mother, stressed from working dead-end jobs, who decided to go back to school, just as her child started her first day of school.
- An adult-learning organization in Ardmore, expanding their reach in a short time, thanks to their enthusiastic staff, and the cereal boxes that immortalize their success stories.
- How education plays an integral role in state inmates’ re-entry into society.
You can follow us on Twitter @CT_Horizon, or look for us on Facebook.
You can also visit our website, cthorizon.org for show notes, and soon, bonus content, “Beyond Your Horizon.”
SUBSCRIBE to CareerTech’s new podcast on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google, Blubrry, or the CareerTech Horizon website.
What did you have to go through, to get where you are today?
In our first episode of CareerTech Horizon, we take a look at a few Oklahoman’s “origin stories.” You’ll learn about:
- An HVAC instructor who overcame his own past failures in education, and how he now helps others do the same.
- A “jack of all trades” who decides to become a cosmetologist, so he can get closer to his daughters.
- An Air Force veteran who now teaches home economics, and how a similar approach can be used in serving one’s country, to serving one’s students.